Congratulations to Carissa for submitting the winning design for Triangle Taiko’s 20th anniversary!
After hard decisions, the winning design has been chosen by the anniversary committee, congratulations to the first place winner for capturing the celebration theme!
“Working together and continuing the Legacy”
Runner up to the winning design are as follows, congratulations for making it to the top 3!
Design Contest Rules, February 12th 2022 – March 12th 2022.
Triangle Taiko’s members have always come together as a community to put on joyful and exciting taiko performances and events. Examples of community involvement are performing to cheer on marathoners, workshops for all levels of educational institutions (elementary school up to Universities) and the Raleigh International Festival, just to name a few.
Triangle Taiko Mission:
- Share the Fun of Playing Taiko
- Promote Japanese-American Cultural Exchange
- Serve the Community
T-Shirt Design Contest Prizes:
- 1st Place – Design will be featured on the official TT 20th Anniversary t-shirt, recognition on our website and social media, and the designer receives one TT 20th Anniversary t-shirt and $50 gift card.
- 2nd Place – TT 20th Anniversary t-shirt and recognition on our website and social media.
- 3rd Place – Recognition on our website and social media.
Design Rules and Guidelines
- Design may not exceed 11” wide by 12” high (sizes may be adjusted to fit).
- Design must include all of the following:
- the year “2022”
- “Triangle Taiko”
- “since 2002″ OR “founded 2002” OR “20 years” OR “20th Anniversary”
- Design will appear on the front of a solid-color shirt..
- Design will be printed in up to 4 solid colors. Transparencies cannot be incorporated.
- Design must be wholly original. By submitting a design, you are guaranteeing that you hold original rights to everything in it, that it may be printed on distributed t-shirts and other such items, and that it does not contain any copyright material.
- It’s recommended to render your design in Adobe Illustrator or a similar design program. Entries should include the original file, a vector-based EPS file, a high resolution JPEG or PDF file.
- A digital form of a drawing may be submitted.
- Limited to (1) entry per person. Entries can be submitted by an individual or as a collaborative effort. See more on collaborative efforts below.
- Eligibility: The contest is open to the members of Triangle Taiko, and Nippon Club as well as the public.
- Entries become the property of Triangle Taiko.
- Triangle Taiko reserves the right to make adjustments to all entries, including colors of the design and the size.
- Collaborative entries should use the name of your local group when possible. No entry using the name of a company will be accepted. Recognition on our website and social media may include the names of each contributing member of the group submitting a collaborative entry when feasible. Should a collaborative entry win first place, the submitting group will be awarded one (1) t-shirt and $50. The winning group is responsible for determining how any prize will be shared within the group.
Submission Rules and Guidelines
- Entries must be emailed to NCTC.email@example.com and received no later than 11:59 pm EST on March 12, 2022.
- All entry emails should have the subject line “20 Anniversary T-shirt Design Contest + Designer(s) Name(s) + Design Title.”
- Include your name, mailing address and telephone number. Collaborative entries should include a list of participating members noting the main contact for the group submission for communication from TT.
How Winners Are Selected
- There will be one round of voting:
- The TT 20th Anniversary Celebration Committee will select the winner, and second and third place design.
- Designs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Concept and originality
- Captures the spirit of the Triangle Taiko community
- Completeness of design and readiness for printing
- Feasibility of reproduction
- Adherence to design and submission rules and guidelines
How Winners Will Be Notified
- Winners will be notified by email at the close of the voting period, via the information provided during entry. At the sole discretion of Triangle Taiko, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:
- Winner’s failure to respond to notification within three (3) business days after its transmission.
- The return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts.
- Winner’s failure to provide original design files.
- Upon contacting a winner and determining that they have met all eligibility requirements of the contest, such individuals will be declared a “winner” of the contest via social media, and on our website.
By submitting your design entry to Triangle Taiko, you agree:
- To release the rights to your design to TT for the use of the 2022 Triangle Taiko t-shirt and other promotional items, including, but not limited to: the TT website, social media and marketing materials.
- That TT reserves the right to make adjustments to the winning designs.
- That winners are responsible for all taxes associated with prizes.
- To abide by all contest rules, agreements and guidelines.
2022 Deadlines and Important Dates
- February 12, 2022 – Contest begins
- March 12, 2022 – SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- March 19, 2022 – Voting
- March 26, 2022 – Winner announced
- April 23, 2022 – Triangle Taiko 20th Anniversary T-shirt release